Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014
Happy Digital Learning Day! One student came into my classroom to ask about the purpose of DLD. I explained and she responded, "So we just have normal class today?" Exactly!

Today I did try a new use of D2L discussion boards with my Physical Science class. I created a discussion topic called "Ask 1, Answer 1." Students used this space to brainstorm possible test questions. They then read through all of the other posts and found at least one that they could answer with a reply post. I think it is important not only for students to practice with possible test questions, but also get in the habit of predicting what types of questions will be on an assessment. I will pull a few of these and add them to their test next week.

-Jen Damti, PHHS Science Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment