Thursday, February 13, 2014

  I had the chance to experiment with my AP Human Geography kiddos this week. My students completed a research paper on migration (they each chose a different migration experience that has occurred and wrote on the different aspects of the migration and its impacts). In addition to the paper they were to create a brief summarizing presentation to share their findings with the class. While they presented their fellow peers used the site https://todaysmeet.com/ to communicate with one another. They were able to ask questions and clarify content in real time, and really interact with the presentations rather than just being a captive audience on a topic that might not have held much interest. I could not have been happier with the results that my students gave me, they were on task and engaged the entire time. Once a student completed his or her presentation the first response was to go back and look at the comments made and answer any outstanding questions. I'll definitely be using this again for future presentations and class discussion options.

-Kim Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment